I played soccer on Saturday for the first time in almost two years. Here are some things I noticed:
1. My knees are still knobby and there is still lots of skin on them to be taken off by a gym floor. Ow.
2. I am now aware of when I need to stop playing so I don’t further hurt myself.
3. I can hold my tongue when I play keeper…if I really try. (Perhaps playing in the church gym helps.)
4. My legs are skinny and the ball can go right inbetween them if I don’t put them closer together. Why it took me 3 goals to figure this out, I will never know.
5. There are a lot of great people out there who will encourage you whether you are or are not a star player. Guess which one I am.
6. French toast and good company are an excellent after soccer outing.